Determine food costs and recipe yields.
Determination should include
- recipe costing
- yield testing
- food-cost percentages.
- What current economic trends influence a menu?
- What is the importance of recipe costing?
- What is the relationship between food cost and recipe yield? How can food cost influence recipe yield?
- How is recipe cost determined?
- What methods are used to determine the best price from a purveyor?
- How can the quality and quantity of a product affect the cost?
- Who determines the cost of yield?
- What leadership skills are needed to meet food cost and yield targets?
- Who determines the selling price of menu items?
- How does one choose the purveyor to use?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Financial Fitness: Earning
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
Culinary Math Management
Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Apply principles of measurement, portion control, conversions, food cost analysis and control, menu terminology, and menu pricing to menu planning.