Maintain equipment used in production.
Maintenance should include
- identifying the maintenance tasks to be done by food service workers for each piece of equipment
- completing the identified tasks in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Why is it important to have properly maintained equipment?
- What does a red tag on equipment signify?
- Why is it important to follow manufacturer's specifications?
- How should equipment problems be reported?
- Who should report equipment problems?
- Why is pre-maintenance training important?
- Who is responsible for maintaining equipment?
- Who is responsible for putting red tags on equipment?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Demonstrate industry standards in selecting, using, and maintaining food production and food service equipment.