Clean equipment used in production.
Cleaning should include
- demonstrating the use of the three-compartment sink
- using sanitizing products for various applications
- cleaning equipment, using product-manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Why is it important to clean and sanitize equipment?
- What is a sanitizer?
- What is the purpose of a three-compartment sink?
- What are some health issues related to noncompliance with cleaning and sanitizing regulations?
- What components are important in a cleaning and sanitizing log?
- Who is responsible for maintaining the cleaning and sanitizing log?
- Who is responsible for storage of cleaning and sanitizing solutions?
- Why is a cleaning and sanitizing log a useful management tool?
- Where is the best location for the cleaning and sanitizing log?
- Who is responsible for verifying that the log is being maintained?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Demonstrate industry standards in selecting, using, and maintaining food production and food service equipment.