Select equipment for various food service operations.
Selection should include
- identifying equipment needed for production in a specialty area
- explaining selection criteria for each piece of equipment.
- Why is selecting the proper equipment important?
- What type of equipment would a specialty business need?
- What specifications are needed from the manufacturer?
- What other factors should be considered when purchasing equipment?
- What safety regulations should be in place at a food service facility?
- Who is responsible for safety training?
- Why is equipment safety training an important consideration when purchasing equipment?
- What consequences may result from the improper use of equipment?
- Why are insurance requirements important when operating equipment?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Demonstrate industry standards in selecting, using, and maintaining food production and food service equipment.