Prepare à la carte meals.
Preparation should include using moist, dry, and combination cooking methods for à la carte meals (e.g., six servings, according to standardized recipes).
- What products require moist-heat cooking methods?
- When are dry-heat cooking methods appropriate?
- What are the benefits of combination cooking?
- Why is a prep list needed for preparing à la carte menus?
- Why does serving staff need to be informed of cooking methods used for à la carte menu items?
- How do time-management demands affect the quality of à la carte menu items?
- What are the effects of mise en place on à la carte menu production?
- How does serving size affect à la carte menu production?
- How does portion size affect à la carte menu production?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Prepare various meats, seafood, and poultry using safe handling and professional preparation techniques.