Prepare dessert products in large quantities.
Preparation should include methods of quantity production for different desserts and pastries.
- What is the effect of weather and location on dessert planning?
- How does one choose desserts to match clientele?
- How does preparation and plating increase the appeal of desserts?
- Why is a well-articulated description of available desserts important to customer service?
- Why is following a standardized recipe critical when preparing desserts?
- Why is ingredient identification key to dessert preparation?
- How do time-management skills affect production of desserts?
- How does portioning affect the price of a dessert item?
- Why is an awareness of food allergies an important consideration when preparing and serving dessert items?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Prepare breads, baked goods, and desserts using safe handling and professional preparation techniques.