Prepare breads and bakery items in large quantities.
Preparation should include methods of quantity production for different yeast and quick breads.
- How does one choose the appropriate baking materials and equipment for the selected baked goods?
- What do bread and baked goods add to the dining experience?
- What effect does location have on the choice of which breads and baked goods to prepare for an event?
- Why is an explanation of available bread and bakery items important to customer service?
- Why is following a standardized recipe critical when preparing breads and baked goods?
- Why is it important to analyze baking mistakes?
- How do time-management skills affect production of baked goods?
- What components should be considered in baking preparation?
- How do education and experience benefit baking techniques and procedures?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Prepare breads, baked goods, and desserts using safe handling and professional preparation techniques.