Prepare the classical sauces.
Preparation should include following the procedures for making and using the classical sauces (béchamel, espagnole or brown, hollandaise, tomato, and velouté) for quantity production.
- How does one choose the appropriate cooking process for the selected sauce?
- Why are sauces important to the menu?
- Why is proper explanation of sauces and their preparation important to customer service?
- Why should instructions be given to staff charged with sauce preparation?
- What corrective measures can be taken if a sauce begins to break down during preparation?
- What instruction is necessary for plating classical sauces?
- What components should be considered in sauce preparation?
- How do time-management skills, education, and experience benefit sauce-preparation techniques?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Prepare various stocks, soups, and sauces using safe handling and professional preparation techniques.