Prepare large quantities of food.
Preparation should include
- converting standard recipes to produce large quantities
- using various cooking methods (e.g., dry, moist, combination) and holding methods
- maintaining holding temperatures.
- What are yield conversion rates?
- How does the quantity of food being prepared affect cooking-method decisions?
- What effect does a serving location have on food-preparation steps?
- What preparation steps need to be communicated when preparing large quantities of food?
- How can active listening skills benefit staff working to prepare large quantities of food?
- What is the role of time management in quantity food preparation?
- What is the role of teamwork in quantity food preparation?
- Why is staff instruction in waste prevention, final appearance, and presentation necessary?
- What equipment needs may arise when preparing large quantities of food?
- What management qualities are essential when directing the preparation of large quantities of food?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Demonstrate food safety and sanitation procedures.
Demonstrate industry standards in selecting, using, and maintaining food production and food service equipment.
Demonstrate menu planning principles and techniques based on standardized recipes to meet customer needs.
Demonstrate professional food preparation methods and techniques for all menu categories to produce a variety of food products that meet customer needs.