Produce classical cuts.
DefinitionProduction should include use of the appropriate knife (e.g., chef, paring, tourné, boning, slicer) for
- large, medium, and small dice
- Why are consistent knife cuts needed when cooking?
- How does one determine the appropriate knife for a task?
- What role does the chef play in ensuring that the proper cut is used in accordance with a standardized recipe?
- How does one identify proper cuts?
- How do active listening skills ensure accuracy in preparation?
- Why is consistency in knife cuts among production staff vital to a standardized recipe?
- What safety procedures are critical when using knives?
- How do proper knife skills aid time management and food consistency?
- How does the recipe determine the type of knife cut to be used?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Demonstrate professional skills in safe handling of knives, tools, and equipment.