Demonstrate dessert presentation and plating.
Demonstration should include á la carte and banquet techniques for various
- main items
- crunch elements
- platter layouts and presentations
- in-store or bakery presentations.
- What are some elements of plated desserts?
- How do dessert plating and presentation techniques differ between á la carte and banquet styles?
- How can presentation techniques be communicated to kitchen employees?
- How can dessert presentations be communicated to the customer?
- What techniques can be used for ensuring consistent quality and presentation of plated desserts?
- What resources are available to learn new food-presentation techniques?
- How can technology be used to learn about presentation techniques?
- What training is required for effective plating and presentation?
- How can full-use be integrated into dessert design?
- Who determines how the product is plated and presented?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Prepare breads, baked goods, and desserts using safe handling and professional preparation techniques.