Prepare pâte à choux desserts.
Preparation should include
- a variety of pâte à choux (e.g., éclair, cream puff, profiterole, swans)
- filling, icing, glaze, and garnish for each.
- What is the definition of pâte à choux?
- What are some examples of pâte à choux desserts?
- What resources are available for researching preparation of pâte à choux desserts?
- Why is following the formula/recipe important in preparing pâte à choux desserts?
- How can pâte à choux desserts be used in both bakery and restaurant settings?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Prepare breads, baked goods, and desserts using safe handling and professional preparation techniques.