Prepare frozen desserts.
Preparation may include
- American and French ice cream
- sorbet, sherbet, and granita
- Soufflé Glacé (i.e., frozen mousse)
- What are the differences between American and French ice creams?
- What are the differences between sorbet and sherbet?
- How is granita prepared?
- How does a gelato differ from ice cream?
- What resources are available to determine the different uses of frozen desserts?
- Why is training crucial to the success of preparing a frozen dessert?
- How does the availability of equipment affect the preparation of frozen desserts?
- Who determines which frozen desserts to prepare?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Prepare breads, baked goods, and desserts using safe handling and professional preparation techniques.