Describe the relationship between ingredients and quality of results.
Description should include the reasons why selecting the proper, fresh ingredients, as identified in the recipe, and using the recommended cooking method are both crucial for obtaining the desired outcome.
- Why are proper ingredients essential for a high-quality result?
- How can employees better understand the relationship between ingredient quality and final product quality?
- How can employees be encouraged to properly care for ingredients?
- Who is responsible for choosing the ingredients to be used?
- What factors influence ingredient choice?
- How does ingredient choice determine overall quality?
- What should be done with an inferior product?
- How can inferior product be utilized to reduce cost and food waste?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation
National Programs in Action
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Demonstrate professional food preparation methods and techniques for all menu categories to produce a variety of food products that meet customer needs.