Demonstrate mise en place for baking and pastry.
Demonstration should include
- organizing a workstation
- maintaining a clean work area
- adhering to safety and sanitation regulations
- following a production schedule
- using weighing and measuring techniques.
- Why is accurate measurement crucial in baking and pastry production?
- What is the difference between a recipe and a formula?
- How can the importance of mise en place be communicated to employees?
- Why is it important to read an entire recipe before starting to create a product?
- Why is it important to implement production schedules?
- Why is cleanliness important during baking and pastry production?
- How does workstation organization affect productivity?
- Who is responsible for establishing and monitoring the production schedule?
- How does the production schedule affect labor cost and customer satisfaction?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Demonstrate professional food preparation methods and techniques for all menu categories to produce a variety of food products that meet customer needs.