Analyze the effects on the family of an individual with diverse needs and challenges.
Analysis should include
- the effects on financial resources (including employment)
- social relationships
- mental health
- family interactions (e.g., roles, duties).
- How can crisis situations affect the family of a person with diverse needs and challenges?
- How does society help families of disabled individuals?
- Where can families of people with diverse needs and challenges find help in dealing with crisis situations?
- How can families of people with diverse needs and challenges express the need for assistance?
- How can family members communicate their needs?
- Why is maintaining communication with clients and families important?
- How can professionals guide families through crisis situations?
- What professional services do families of individuals with diverse needs and challenges need?
- How can families prepare for crisis situations?
- How can families of individuals with diverse needs and challenges seek services?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
A Better You
Balancing Family and Career
Meet the Challenge
The Fit You
The Healthy You
The Real You
The Resilient You
Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national website for Skill Events
Check the national website for online events
Life Event Planning
National Programs in Action
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Analyze the impact of conditions that could influence the well-being of individuals and families.
Evaluate services for individuals and families with a variety of conditions that could impact their well-being.
Analyze ways in which individuals with conditions that affect their well-being influence the family and family members financially, socially, physically, and emotionally over the lifespan.