Justify referral of a client/family to appropriate support organizations based on formal and/or informal assessment of needs.
Justification should include
- evaluating the results of the assessment
- determining the organization(s) that can assist with meeting the identified needs.
- Why is knowledge of community resources helpful to a caregiver?
- How would a professional present resource information to a client?
- What would happen if an agency cannot meet a client’s needs?
- Why do professionals need to inform clients about community resources?
- How would a professional contact an agency for information about their services?
- When might the use of a particular agency meet a particular need? Explain.
- Whose responsibility is it to provide information about agencies and available services to a client?
- How does a professional differentiate among agency roles?
- How could a professional provide agency information to colleagues to complete a needs assessment?
- Why might it be important to create a relationship with a community services agency?
- What are some difficulties that may be encountered when dealing with a community services agency?
- Who is responsible for interacting with community services agencies on a client’s behalf?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.