Demonstrate elements of professionalism in the role of caregiver.
Demonstration should include
- communicating effectively
- receiving feedback in a professional manner
- contributing to the work of a team to complete an assigned task
- using strategies to manage stress and maintain self-care.
- How might practicing communication skills assist with developing professionalism?
- Why would one want to work in a group to solve problems?
- What would be the benefits of receiving positive and negative feedback in a professional manner?
- How can the choice of communication affect a situation?
- How could one demonstrate a stress-management technique to staff?
- Why would one choose an assertive style of communication over other styles of communication?
- How can a leader be a role model by using effective communication?
- How can a professional recognize how biases may affect client care?
- What situations require conflict-resolution skills?
- Why is it important to use effective communication in clinical settings?
- How would one choose a particular communication style to address a given situation?
- What is an example of a strategy for stress management and self-care?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
A Better You
Balancing Family and Career
Meet the Challenge
Take the Lead
The Real You
The Resilient You
Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national website for Skill Events
Check the national website for online events
Life Event Planning
National Programs in Action
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Demonstrate professional behaviors, skills, and knowledge in providing family and human services.
Demonstrate professional and ethical behavior with peers in a variety of settings.