Analyze the development of stereotypical beliefs.
Analysis may include
- history of stereotypes
- methods for challenging stereotypes.
- Why is it valuable for professionals in the human services field to conduct an analysis on stereotypical beliefs?
- How can it be advantageous to reflect on one’s personal beliefs when working in the human services field?
- How have stereotypical beliefs evolved over time?
- What methods can care providers use to appropriately challenge stereotypes that may be faced while working with individuals and families?
- Why is it important to have a general knowledge of common stereotypes and how they have taken shape over time?
- How can a manager help staff overcome their own personal bias to improve patient care and services?
- What techniques and strategies can be used to help break down stereotypes in the workplace?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts including employment documents and technical writing.
- Apply information from texts to clarify understanding of concepts.
- Read and correctly interpret an application for employment, workplace documents, or an application for college admission.
- Analyze technical writing for clarity.
- Paraphrase and synthesize ideas within and between texts.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences on explicit and implied information using textual support.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Analyze false premises, claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, sarcasm, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical thinking questions about the text(s).
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
A Better You
Balancing Family and Career
Meet the Challenge
STOP the Violence
Take the Lead
The Real You
The Resilient You
Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Chapter Service Project Display
Chapter Service Project Portfolio
Check the national website for Skill Events
Check the national website for online events
National Programs in Action
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Demonstrate professional behaviors, skills, and knowledge in providing family and human services.