Identify uses of technology in the provision of human services.
Identification should include
- technology applied to assessment/evaluation
- administration of medications
- education and training.
- How is technology used in human services?
- How can human services be assessed with technology?
- What technological assessment tools can help with training?
- How is technology used to communicate the needs of clients?
- What resources can be obtained with the use of technology?
- What technology can be used to educate and train clients about their needs and how to meet them?
- What technology could assist with administering assessment?
- What technology helps to guide the administration of medications?
- How might one use technology education and training in the field of human services?
- Who is responsible for ensuring that a worker’s technology education and training is sufficient and up-to-date?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts including employment documents and technical writing.
- Apply information from texts to clarify understanding of concepts.
- Read and correctly interpret an application for employment, workplace documents, or an application for college admission.
- Analyze technical writing for clarity.
- Paraphrase and synthesize ideas within and between texts.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences on explicit and implied information using textual support.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Analyze false premises, claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, sarcasm, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical thinking questions about the text(s).
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Families First: Meet the Challenge
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Family Ties
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
National Programs in Action
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Demonstrate use of current and evolving technology in human services.