Identify uses of technology in the provision of human services.
Identification should include
- technology applied to assessment/evaluation
- administration of medications
- education and training.
- How is technology used in human services?
- How can human services be assessed with technology?
- What technological assessment tools can help with training?
- How is technology used to communicate the needs of clients?
- What resources can be obtained with the use of technology?
- What technology can be used to educate and train clients about their needs and how to meet them?
- What technology could assist with administering assessment?
- What technology helps to guide the administration of medications?
- How might one use technology education and training in the field of human services?
- Who is responsible for ensuring that a worker’s technology education and training is sufficient and up-to-date?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts including employment documents and technical writing.
- Apply information from texts to clarify understanding of concepts.
- Read and correctly interpret an application for employment, workplace documents, or an application for college admission.
- Analyze technical writing for clarity.
- Paraphrase and synthesize ideas within and between texts.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences on explicit and implied information using textual support.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Analyze false premises, claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, sarcasm, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical thinking questions about the text(s).
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
A Better You
Meet the Challenge
Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national website for Skill Events
Check the national website for online events
National Programs in Action
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Demonstrate use of current and evolving technology in human services.