Describe the relationship of hospitality to the travel and tourism industry.
Description should include
- the differences between the travel, tourism, and hospitality industries
- their interdependence.
- What is the importance of understanding the relationship of hospitality to travel and tourism?
- How is hospitality dependent on travel and tourism and vice versa?
- Why must members of the travel and tourism industry communicate with members of the hospitality industry?
- How can communication skills ensure success between the two industries?
- How can leaders of the travel and tourism industry effectively communicate with leaders of the hospitality industry?
- What qualities and skills must management in the travel industry demonstrate to ensure respect of the tourism industry?
- What must management in the tourism industry do to ensure a respect of the travel industry?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA Competitive Events
Check the national website for Skill Events
Check the national website for online events
Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation
National Programs in Action
FCCLA National Programs
A Better You
Working on Working
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Analyze career paths within the hospitality, tourism, and recreation industries.