Determine the characteristics and skills necessary to obtain and maintain successful employment in careers involving children.
Determination of characteristics and skills should include
- nurturing behavior
- sense of humor
- knowledge of child development, including social and emotional development
- respect for diversity
- social and emotional intelligence
- child self-regulation
- time management
- healthy immune system
- effective communication skills with children and adults.
- What characteristics and skills help early childhood education professionals obtain, maintain, and advance in employment?
- How do the Workplace Readiness Skills aid in maintaining successful employment?
- What questions need to be answered to make a wise career decision?
- What characteristics and skills help early childhood professionals relate to children and parents?
- Why is confidentiality of information so important in the field of early childhood education?
- What leadership skills are needed to demonstrate professionalism?
- How do leadership skills affect career success or failure?
- What training and resources are required for a career in early childhood education?
- What criteria should be used to evaluate the characteristics and skills of early childhood education professionals?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
A Better You
The Fit You
The Healthy You
The Real You
The Resilient You
Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national website for Skill Events
Check the national website for online events
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Summarize education and training requirements and opportunities for career paths in early childhood, education, and services.