Interview an early childhood education professional.
Interview may include questions regarding job satisfaction, career advice, current trends in early childhood education, challenges in the field, and rewards of the career.
- What are the purposes of an interview?
- What are the different interviews?
- What information can be obtained from an interview?
- What modes (e.g., telephone, face-to-face, email) could be used in an interviewing process?
- How could the information obtained be communicated with others? (e.g., electronic slide show, oral presentation, written document)
- What leadership skills are needed to conduct an interview?
- Why is planning an important step in the interview process?
- What background knowledge is necessary before conducting the interview?
- How can the information obtained from the interview help to make a career decision?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
A Better You
Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national website for Skill Events
Check the national website for online events
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Explain the roles and functions of individuals engaged in early childhood, education, and services.
Analyze opportunities for employment, entrepreneurial endeavors, and emerging careers.
Summarize education and training requirements and opportunities for career paths in early childhood, education, and services.
Analyze the role of professional organizations in education and early childhood.