Identify parenting practices that maximize human growth and development.
Identification should include
- stable relationships with partner/spouse
- responsibility of parenting roles
- access to early childhood education resources
- attention to childcare responsibilities
- resources available.
- What qualities should parents expect from a child care center using developmentally appropriate practices?
- How can parents encourage self-control and self-discipline in their children?
- What promotes bonding? Why is bonding important?
- How can parents help their children learn language?
- How can parents help their children interact with other children?
- How can parents model calmness, problem solving, and willingness to compromise to their children?
- What discipline strategies should parents use to reinforce positive behaviors?
- How can parents screen media content for violence?
- What management skills are needed so that parents can promptly attend to children’s physical, intellectual, social, and emotional needs?
- What developmental characteristics indicate a toddler is ready for toilet training?
- How can parents promote good eating habits with their children?