Demonstrate the ability to serve nutritious meals.
Demonstration should include
- practicing portion control
- following guidelines for the different types of meal service
- presentation of meal courses (e.g., appetizer, entrée, dessert)
- utilizing tableware and place settings
- following safety and sanitation practices for serving food.
- What factors determine your choices of aesthetically pleasing foods?
- How does table setting affect meal progression?
- What are consequences of poor portion control?
- How is a buffet table organized?
- How do you know how much to put on a plate when serving others? Why are table manners important?
- What is portion distortion?
- What resources are available to assist you with serving proper portions?
- How do portions vary by age? How are portion sizes measured and presented in meal service?
- How does meal service reflect the safety and sanitation practices of the food service workers?
- How can you communicate what food selections are being served at a family meal?
- Why is it important for families to communicate during meal time?
- How can families avoid technology disruptions during meal time?
- How can you serve appropriate meals and snacks when every family or group member likes different foods?
- What information do you use to evaluate meal etiquette?
- Which leadership skills are most important in safe meal service?
- How can family members ensure all are served?
- How can you teach others about the importance of portion control in a healthy lifestyle?
- What information do you need to serve nutritious foods?
- What resources can you use to make and serve aesthetically pleasing foods?
- How do you evaluate the success of meal service?
- How do you ensure that foods are safe to consume? Which food safety practices are crucial to follow in serving safe foods?