Identify the function and sources of nutrients in food.
Identification should include a definition of each of the following terms and an explanation of how each item contributes to an individual’s overall health:
- Why do living things need food?
- What are the consequences of nutrient deficiencies? Excesses?
- Which nutrients do you need to fuel your body to get through an average day?
- What criteria do you use to choose the foods you eat?
- What are the benefits for you, your family, and society of choosing foods that contribute to good health?
- What resources are available to help you enhance your daily nutrition?
- Where do you acquire your attitudes and beliefs about food?
- How important is food to your emotional and mental health?
- How do families ensure that all members receive adequate nutrition?
- How can you motivate others to pay attention to nutrition?
- What leadership skills can help you make wise food decisions?
- What is the relationship between nutrition and healthy body weight? Do you think teenagers are too concerned about body weight? Why or why not?
- How can tracking your daily food intake help ensure that you are getting enough nutrients in your diet?
- What information do you need to make wise decisions concerning food?
- What resources are available to help you analyze the role of food in meeting overall health needs?
- What steps should you take to begin to develop a healthy food plan?