Fashion Marketing, Advanced (8145/36 weeks) Course Description
|Suggested Grade Levels:||11–12|
Students with an interest in apparel and accessories marketing gain in-depth knowledge of the apparel and accessories industry and skills utilized in various apparel businesses. They develop advanced skills unique to fashion marketing and advanced general marketing skills applied to the apparel and accessories industry. Professional selling, sales promotion, buying, merchandising, marketing research, economics, hiring and retaining employees, product/service technology, and supervision as well as academic skills (mathematics, science, English, and history/social science) related to the content are part of this course. Computer/technology applications supporting this course are studied.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Arts, Audio/Video Technology and Communications
- Performing Arts
- Visual Arts
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Research
- Professional Sales
Upon completion of the course
- A*S*K Fundamental Marketing Concepts Assessment
- Advanced Customer Service and Sales Certification Assessment
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Customer Service and Sales Certification Assessment
- Fashion Merchandising Assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Retail Industry Fundamentals Certification Assessment
- Retail Merchandising Assessment
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.