2018/2019 Competency-Based Task/Competency List for Marketing, Advanced (8130/36 weeks)
Tasks/competencies when marked as such; they and/or additional tasks/competencies may be taught at the discretion of the school division. All other tasks are considered essential statewide and are required of all students.are considered optional
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Personal Qualities and People Skills
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate effective speaking and listening skills.
- Demonstrate effective reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrate critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate healthy behaviors and safety skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of workplace organizations, systems, and climates.
- Demonstrate lifelong-learning skills.
- Demonstrate job-acquisition and advancement skills.
- Demonstrate time-, task-, and resource-management skills.
- Demonstrate job-specific mathematics skills.
- Demonstrate customer-service skills.
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Technology Knowledge and Skills
Examining All Aspects of an Industry
- Examine aspects of planning within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of management within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of financial responsibility within an industry/organization.
- Examine technical and production skills required of workers within an industry/organization.
- Examine principles of technology that underlie an industry/organization.
- Examine labor issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine community issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine health, safety, and environmental issues related to an industry/organization.
Addressing Elements of Student Life
- Identify the purposes and goals of the student organization.
- Explain the benefits and responsibilities of membership in the student organization as a student and in professional/civic organizations as an adult.
- Demonstrate leadership skills through participation in student organization activities, such as meetings, programs, and projects.
- Identify Internet safety issues and procedures for complying with acceptable use standards.
Examining Marketing and Business
Communicating in the Workplace
Developing Professionalism in the Workplace
- Explain the effects of economic change on business and employment.
- Analyze the role of government in business and the economy.
- Describe the impact of global marketing on businesses in the United States.
- Describe the phases of the business cycle.
- Explain productivity and its effects on individual businesses and the economy as a whole.
Developing Management Skills
- Describe the functions and levels of management.
- Explain the process of hiring, orienting, and training employees.
- Identify strategies for motivating employees.
- Explain appropriate methods of communicating with employees.
- Explain the importance of managing a diverse workforce.
- Explain the process of handling employee complaints.
- Explain the process of remedial action.
- Outline a procedure for conducting an employee evaluation.
- Describe legal aspects of personnel management.
- Apply decision-making skills to management situations.
- Describe challenges of managing a global business.
- Explain the roles of financial statements and their importance in decision-making.
- Interpret financial statements.
- Explain the nature and importance of a budget.
- Create a marketing budget, using a spreadsheet/template.
Managing Marketing Information
- Explain the nature of sales forecasts.
- Conduct research using search engines and keywords.
- Use trade journals, periodicals, and electronic resources for research and professional development.
- Conduct a marketing research project.
- Prepare a marketing research report.
- Present marketing research findings and recommendations.
Developing Product/Service Planning Skills
Understanding Product/Service Positioning
Examining Channel Management
Pricing Products and Services
- Identify the psychological effects of pricing.
- Explain the impact of price on profitability.
- Explain the concept of markup/markdown and how it relates to profit and loss.
- Apply formulas for pricing to calculate markup and markdown.
- Calculate break-even point in units and dollars.
- Calculate gross and net profit.
- Explain how pricing is determined in not-for-profit organizations.
- Describe the roles of laws and ethics in pricing.
Applying the Promotional Mix
- Identify internal and external methods of promoting sales for a selected product/service.
- Identify communications channels to reinforce company image and support financial investment.
- Develop a promotional plan or campaign for a business-to-business or consumer product/service.
- Explain strategies for developing media outreach and relations.
- Identify types of social media that can be used to promote a business or products.
- Create a plan for introducing social media promotion.
Purchasing Products and Services
Implementing Risk Management
Selling Products and Services
Preparing for Business Operations
Developing a Career
- Research career trends and opportunities in marketing.
- Prepare a career development plan.
- Explore postsecondary training and educational opportunities.
- Update an electronic résumé and portfolio.
- Update a cover letter.
- Tailor interview techniques to a variety of companies.
- Describe the role of professional/trade organizations in career development.
- Demonstrate networking skills for professional development.