Describe various types of digital advertising.
DefinitionDescription should include types of advertising such as the following:
- Display ads (retargeting)
- Referral sites and/or reciprocal links
- Search engine placement
- Affiliate programs
- Social media
- Local search
- Streaming video
- Content marketing
- Viral marketing
- Influencer marketing
- How is digital advertising different from traditional advertising? How is it the same?
- What are the advantages of digital advertising over traditional advertising?
- What are the disadvantages of digital advertising? How can these disadvantages be overcome?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the various digital advertising methods?
- What is the cost structure for each type of digital advertising?
- What is content marketing, viral marketing and influencer marketing? How can a business utilize these types of marketing?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand the social, political, and cultural movements and changes in the United States during the second half of the twentieth century by
- explaining the factors that led to United States expansion;
- evaluating and explaining the impact of the Brown v. Board of Education decision, the roles of Thurgood Marshall and Oliver W. Hill, Sr., and how Virginia responded to the decision;
- explaining how the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), the 1963 March on Washington, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Voting Rights Act of 1965, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) had an impact on all Americans;
- analyzing changes in immigration policy and the impact of increased immigration;
- evaluating and explaining the foreign and domestic policies pursued by the American government after the Cold War;
- explaining how scientific and technological advances altered American lives; and
- evaluating and explaining the changes that occurred in American culture.
The student will apply social science skills to understand political and social conditions in the United States during the early twenty-first century by
- assessing the development of and changes in domestic policies, with emphasis on the impact of the role the United States Supreme Court played in defining a constitutional right to privacy, affirming equal rights, and upholding the rule of law;
- evaluating and explaining the changes in foreign policies and the role of the United States in a world confronted by international terrorism, with emphasis on the American response to 9/11 (September 11, 2001);
- evaluating the evolving and changing role of government, including its role in the American economy; and
- explaining scientific and technological changes and evaluating their impact on American culture
The student will apply social science skills to understand the global changes during the early twenty-first century by
- identifying contemporary political issues, with emphasis on migrations of refugees and others, ethnic/religious conflicts, and the impact of technology, including the role of social media and chemical and biological technologies;
- assessing the link between economic and political freedom;
- describing economic interdependence, including the rise of multinational corporations, international organizations, and trade agreements; and
- analyzing the increasing impact of terrorism.