CTE Resource Center - Verso - Digital and Social Media Marketing Task 399027958
Identify criteria for effective and functional web design.
Identification of design criteria should include the following:
- Involves key organizational decision makers
- Appeals to target audience(s)
- Utilizes a storyboard design process to develop ideas that match the business plan
- Utilizes design components (e.g., colors, fonts, headings, text, graphics) that are appropriate to the brand
- Leverages imagery/video
- Has appropriately placed and functional links, navigation bar, and icons
- Loads within a reasonable amount of time
- Uses SEO best practices (e.g., site map, metadata)
- Integrates with social media platforms
- Provides satisfactory user experience
- Able to handle different screen sizes (e.g. computer, mobile phone)
- Why should a website have a consistent design for all pages?
- Why is it important to make sure all the links on the website work properly?
- What happens when download time is too long (e.g., in sites incorporating multimedia elements)?
- Why is it important to design a website to handle different screen sizes?
- What are the design components to create an effective website?
Other Related Standards
National MBAResearch Standards-Business Administration
Utilize information-technology tools to manage and perform work responsibilities.
National MBAResearch Standards-Marketing
Develop marketing strategies to guide marketing tactics.