Identify the importance of reputation management in digital and social media marketing.
DefinitionIdentification should include
- claiming business identity on listing/review sites
- monitoring digital presence across platforms (including listing/review platforms)
- responding to customer feedback (including negative feedback) using the brand’s voice
- engaging customers across various platforms.
- How does a company ensure that its brand name is not used by other companies for their web and/or social media pages? (Answers include protecting domain names in any variety of the business name and registering all variations of name on all social media platforms, even if not using them.)
- What are the tools for managing multiple platforms? (e.g., HootSuite, HubSpot, Tweetdeck)
- Why is it important to engage with customers who leave both positive and negative feedback online?
- How does a company ensure a brand tops the list in searches on review sites?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand political and social conditions in the United States during the early twenty-first century by
- assessing the development of and changes in domestic policies, with emphasis on the impact of the role the United States Supreme Court played in defining a constitutional right to privacy, affirming equal rights, and upholding the rule of law;
- evaluating and explaining the changes in foreign policies and the role of the United States in a world confronted by international terrorism, with emphasis on the American response to 9/11 (September 11, 2001);
- evaluating the evolving and changing role of government, including its role in the American economy; and
- explaining scientific and technological changes and evaluating their impact on American culture