Identify options for professional development in the field of digital and social media marketing.
Identification should include options such as
- education (both traditional and online)
- training (both traditional and online)
- work-based learning (e.g., job shadowing, mentorship)
- co-curricular student organization activities (e.g., DECA)
- professional associations
- vendor materials and training
- professional/trade shows
- professional publications.
- What professional associations exist for digital marketers?
- How can attending a conference and/or meetings of a professional organization help a person build a network?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of traditional vs. online training?
- Why is lifelong professional development essential for digital marketers?
- What is the “Journal of Digital & Social Media Marketing?” How can someone wanting to join this career field use this journal?
- How can the American Marketing Association help with professional development?