Digital and Social Media Marketing (8125/36 weeks) Course Description
|Suggested Grade Levels:||9–12|
This course introduces students to digital and social media marketing. Students explore principles, strategies, tools, and tactics related to consumers, branding, advertising, and promotions. Students explore how success is measured in a digital and social media marketing campaign. This course emphasizes ethics, laws, and security. Students also investigate business and marketing plans as well as careers in digital and social media marketing.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Research
- Professional Sales
Upon completion of the course
- A*S*K Fundamental Marketing Concepts Assessment
- Advanced Customer Service and Sales Certification Assessment
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Customer Service and Sales Certification Assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.