2018/2019 Competency-Based Task/Competency List for Marketing (8120/36 weeks)
Tasks/competencies when marked as such; they and/or additional tasks/competencies may be taught at the discretion of the school division. All other tasks are considered essential statewide and are required of all students.are considered optional
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Personal Qualities and People Skills
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate effective speaking and listening skills.
- Demonstrate effective reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrate critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate healthy behaviors and safety skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of workplace organizations, systems, and climates.
- Demonstrate lifelong-learning skills.
- Demonstrate job-acquisition and advancement skills.
- Demonstrate time-, task-, and resource-management skills.
- Demonstrate job-specific mathematics skills.
- Demonstrate customer-service skills.
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Technology Knowledge and Skills
Examining All Aspects of an Industry
- Examine aspects of planning within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of management within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of financial responsibility within an industry/organization.
- Examine technical and production skills required of workers within an industry/organization.
- Examine principles of technology that underlie an industry/organization.
- Examine labor issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine community issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine health, safety, and environmental issues related to an industry/organization.
Addressing Elements of Student Life
- Identify the purposes and goals of the student organization.
- Explain the benefits and responsibilities of membership in the student organization as a student and in professional/civic organizations as an adult.
- Demonstrate leadership skills through participation in student organization activities, such as meetings, programs, and projects.
- Identify Internet safety issues and procedures for complying with acceptable use standards.
Examining Marketing and Business
- Analyze the marketing concept and its historical development.
- Explain the components of the marketing mix.
- Explain the functions involved in marketing goods and services.
- Describe trends in marketing.
- Explain the different types of organizations (for-profit, non-profit, government).
- Explain the nature of business activities.
Planning for Business Operations
Communicating in the Workplace
Examining Technology in Marketing
Developing Professionalism in the Workplace
- Use customers’, coworkers’, and managers’ feedback to improve performance.
- Explain the importance of diversity within the work environment.
- Examine ethical behavior in the workplace.
- Resolve client/customer and co-worker conflicts.
- Demonstrate positive working relationships.
- Demonstrate professional workplace behavior.
Understanding Economics in Organizations
Introducing Information Driven Marketing
Developing Product/Service Planning Skills
- Identify the role of product/service planning in marketing.
- Describe types of product/service mix strategies.
- Describe product/service life cycles.
- Describe the importance of branding in marketing.
- Explain the difference between brand name and brand.
- Explain the use of national and private brand names in marketing.
Examining Channel Management
Understanding Product/Service Positioning
- Describe market identification and segmentation.
- Explain positioning and its relationship to target market.
- Determine the competition for a selected product or service.
- Determine the product/service’s position relative to those of the competition.
- Determine the target market of a selected product/service.
- Determine the most effective channels to position the selected product/service.
Pricing Products and Services
Promoting Products and Services
- Examine the concept of the promotional mix.
- Determine the promotional mix for an existing product or service.
- Describe the technology used to market goods and services.
- Compare various types of promotional media.
- Identify components of ads.
- Prepare an advertisement that encompasses knowledge of the marketing mix.
- Explain the concept of visual merchandising.
- Explain advertising campaigns.
- Create a press release and related media materials.
- Explain the concepts of push and pull as they apply to an existing product or service.
- Describe ethical issues related to promotion.
Selling Products and Services
- Identify the various types of selling and the tools used for each.
- Explain the function of a planogram in selling merchandise.
- Explain the importance of customer service.
- Describe how to receive and handle customer complaints and compliments.
- Explain customers' buying motives.
- Demonstrate the selling process for a selected product or service.
- Demonstrate how to process a sale.
Understanding Risk Management
Developing a Career
- Analyze personal interests, personality traits, and skills.
- Research career opportunities in marketing.
- Use various job search strategies.
- Develop/update a résumé.
- Develop a digital résumé and portfolio.
- Describe the steps for posting an electronic résumé.
- Update a cover letter.
- Complete a job application.
- Complete an employment interview.
- Complete follow-up to an employment interview.
- Describe networking skills for professional development.
- Develop a personal marketing plan.
- Identify the purposes and types of employment tests and personality profiles.
- Identify procedures to follow in resigning from a position.