CTE Resource Center - Verso - Introduction to Marketing Task 1892583427
Process payment for a cash purchase.
Demonstration of the ability to process payments should include
- estimating change
- counting change forward
- computing discounts
- computing sales tax
- scanning smartphone codes
- giving receipt.
- What is the process for estimating change? Why is it important to be able to estimate change?
- Why is effectively processing payments important to customer relations? To security?
- Why is it important for an employee to be able to troubleshoot when processing payments?
- How are discounts computed? Why is it important to know this?
- What is sales tax? Who pays it?
- How is collecting sales tax in a brick-and-mortar business different from collecting sales tax in an Internet business?
- How can a company improve the payment process with the implementation of an app?
Other Related Standards
National MBAResearch Standards-Marketing
Understand sales processes and techniques to enhance customer relationships and to increase the likelihood of making sales.