2018/2019 Competency-Based Task/Competency List for Introduction to Marketing (8110/36 weeks)
Tasks/competencies when marked as such; they and/or additional tasks/competencies may be taught at the discretion of the school division. All other tasks are considered essential statewide and are required of all students.are considered optional
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Personal Qualities and People Skills
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate effective speaking and listening skills.
- Demonstrate effective reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrate critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate healthy behaviors and safety skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of workplace organizations, systems, and climates.
- Demonstrate lifelong-learning skills.
- Demonstrate job-acquisition and advancement skills.
- Demonstrate time-, task-, and resource-management skills.
- Demonstrate job-specific mathematics skills.
- Demonstrate customer-service skills.
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Technology Knowledge and Skills
Examining All Aspects of an Industry
- Examine aspects of planning within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of management within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of financial responsibility within an industry/organization.
- Examine technical and production skills required of workers within an industry/organization.
- Examine principles of technology that underlie an industry/organization.
- Examine labor issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine community issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine health, safety, and environmental issues related to an industry/organization.
Addressing Elements of Student Life
- Identify the purposes and goals of the student organization.
- Explain the benefits and responsibilities of membership in the student organization as a student and in professional/civic organizations as an adult.
- Demonstrate leadership skills through participation in student organization activities, such as meetings, programs, and projects.
- Identify Internet safety issues and procedures for complying with acceptable use standards.
Learning about Marketing
- Define marketing.
- Identify the components of a marketing process/cycle.
- Explain marketing as a service to the public.
- Explain marketing as a service to an organization.
- Identify components of the marketing mix.
- Identify marketing functions and their importance.
- Explain the impact of technology on marketing.
- Explain the concept of branding.
- Explain the marketing concept.
- Explain the historical development that led to the adoption of the marketing concept.
- Identify marketing trends.
- Use computer technology and software tools to perform marketing tasks.
Communicating in the Workplace
- Identify elements of effective communication.
- Address others in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate the handling of incoming and outgoing telephone calls and teleconferencing/web conferencing.
- Transcribe a message.
- Use correct grammar and vocabulary.
- Explain the effects of nonverbal communication on interactions with others.
- Explain the importance of mobile technology etiquette.
- Explain the importance of etiquette when sending email and text messages or in any online environment.
- Compose an email message.
- Identify elements of effective business writing.
- Explain constructive criticism.
Understanding Economics in Organizations
Exploring the Private Enterprise System
Exploring Promotional Activities in Marketing
Preparing for a Routine Sales Transaction
Completing a Sales Transaction
- Prepare for the customer (pre-approach).
- Approach the customer.
- Determine the customer's wants and needs.
- Present product or service features as customer benefits.
- Overcome the customer's objections.
- Close the sale.
- Use suggestion selling.
- Apply follow-up and relationship-building strategies.
- Identify various methods of handling payment for purchases.
- Process payment for a cash purchase.
Exploring Career Opportunities in Marketing
- Identify career opportunities in marketing.
- Identify products and services in a variety of marketing areas.
- Identify personal interests, personality traits, and skills.
- Research job descriptions related to various marketing careers.
- Follow the steps of the decision-making process to analyze possible career choices.
- Identify ethical work behavior.