Related Suggested Learning Activities
Suggested Learning Activities
Community Issues: Business and Industry Involvement in the Community
Objective: Explain why and how organizations become involved in the community.
Materials: Access to the Internet, magazines, and trade journals associated with student's field of study, teacher notes
Finance: Calculating Payroll Deductions
Objective: Demonstrate use of payroll forms, deductions, and the method used to calculate gross pay and net pay.
- Copy for each student of "Payroll Definitions"
- Copy for each student of Employment Forms (W-4, VA-4, I-9) may be found on the Web.
- Worksheet for each student, "Bi-Weekly Payroll for Hourly Employees"
- Copy for each student of Federal and State Tax Tables (to be used in calculating payroll) may be found on the Web.
- "Calculating Bi-Weekly Payroll for Hourly Employees---Answer Sheet"
- Teacher notes
Finance: Providing Input for Your Company's Budget
Health, Safety, and Environmental Issues: Safety Awareness
Health, Safety, and Environmental Issues: Safety Projects
Labor Issues: The Impact of Labor Unions on American Workers
Objective: Examine labor unions and their impact on American workers.
Materials: Newspapers, trade journals, the Internet, and Teacher Notes
Management: The Importance of Achieving Customer Satisfaction
Management: The Importance of Internal and External Customer Service
Planning Elements: An Organization's Values
Planning Elements: The Power of Vision and Mission
Technical and Production Skills: Positive Listening Experiences
Technical and Production Skills: Resolving Conflict Situations
Technical and Production Skills: Teamwork
Technical and Productions Skills: Style Options for Resolving Conflict
Technical and Productions Skills: The Effective Use of Time
Underlying Principles of Technology: The Impact of Technology on Business and Industry
Objective: Describe the impact of technology on businesses and/or industries that relate to a student's program of study.
- Access to newspapers, magazines, trade journals, and the Internet;
- Forms, "Field Trip Report," "Interview with Expert from the Community," "Student Summary of New Technologies and Trends,"
- Teacher Notes