Calculate cost of power consumption.
DefinitionCalculation should include
- interpreting an electric meter
- accounting for the cost per kilowatt hour and the number of kilowatt hours used
- determining the increase/decrease in cost over time.
- Where is the electric meter located on your property?
- What factors are necessary for determining the cost of electricity used for your home?
- How can one reduce electricity costs?
- How would solar power affect electrical costs?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will
- represent verbal quantitative situations algebraically; and
- evaluate algebraic expressions for given replacement values of the variables.