Identify series and parallel circuits.
DefinitionIdentification should include
- defining electrical symbols
- defining characteristics of a series circuit
- defining characteristics of a parallel circuit
- differentiating among the circuits, in accordance with the NEC.
- What function does series circuitry typically perform in an agricultural setting?
- Where would one use series circuits?
- Where would one use parallel circuits?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand how to diagram, construct, and analyze basic electrical circuits and explain the function of various circuit components. Key concepts include
- Ohm’s law;
- series, parallel, and combined circuits;
- electrical power; and
- alternating and direct currents.