Identify Internet safety issues and procedures for complying with acceptable use standards.
Identification should include the following:
- The school division's acceptable use policy
- Laws and guidelines governing Internet usage, including those about copyright and file sharing
- Techniques that illegitimate parties use to solicit personal information
- Techniques that help protect a computer user against cyber predators
- Software applications and user techniques that help protect against security attacks
- Review the Virginia Department of Education guidelines for instructional programs related to Internet safety.
Other Related Standards
Microsoft Imagine Academy Resources
[2.011] Microsoft Digital Literacy: Internet and the World Wide Web
Internet and the World Wide Web–Entire Course Click "View Course Topics" to see all lessons.