Estimate the yield of specific garden crops.
DefinitionEstimation should include
- calculating the pounds/bushels per acre/square foot
- calculating pounds per plant.
- How many plants would one need to supply fresh tomatoes for a family of four?
- How many pounds of tomatoes would be needed to can 25 quarts of tomato sauce?
- What is the yield in pounds for a 50-foot row of sweet corn?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will
- represent verbal quantitative situations algebraically; and
- evaluate algebraic expressions for given replacement values of the variables.