Floral Design II (8056/36 weeks) Course Description
|Suggested Grade Levels:||11–12|
|Prerequisites:||Floral Design I (8055/36 weeks)|
Course content covers a wide range of specialty floral designs, including historical designs, contemporary designs, oriental designs, seasonal designs, floragraphy, and designs for dried arrangements, novelty pieces, special events, and sympathy work. The business aspect of the industry is addressed through the study of pricing, advertising, shop design, wire services, delivery processes, professional organizations, sales techniques, and continuing education.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
- Agribusiness Systems
- Plant Systems
Upon completion of the course
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Customer Service Examination
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- Floriculture Assessment
- Floriculture: Greenhouse Assessment
- Greenhouse Operators Certification Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Principles of Floral Design Certification Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.