Turfgrass Management, Advanced (8054/36 weeks) Course Description
|Suggested Grade Levels:||11–12|
|Prerequisites:||Turfgrass Management (8051/36 weeks)|
Students continue to study the duties and tasks of professionals who establish and maintain turf in public areas such as golf courses; parks; athletic fields; school, industrial, and institutional campuses; and residential lawns.
As noted in Superintendent’s Memo #058-17 (2-28-2017), this Career and Technical Education (CTE) course must maintain a maximum pupil-to-teacher ratio of 20 students to one teacher, due to safety regulations. The 2016-2018 biennial budget waiver of the teacher-to-pupil ratio staffing requirement does not apply.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
- Environmental Service Systems
- Plant Systems
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Science and Mathematics
Upon completion of the course
- Certified Turfgrass Professional Examination
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- Landscape Management Certification Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Turfgrass Management Certification Program Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.