2018/2019 Competency-Based Task/Competency List for Agricultural Business Operations II (8024/36 weeks)
Tasks/competencies when marked as such; they and/or additional tasks/competencies may be taught at the discretion of the school division. All other tasks are considered essential statewide and are required of all students.are considered optional
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Personal Qualities and People Skills
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate effective speaking and listening skills.
- Demonstrate effective reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrate critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate healthy behaviors and safety skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of workplace organizations, systems, and climates.
- Demonstrate lifelong-learning skills.
- Demonstrate job-acquisition and advancement skills.
- Demonstrate time-, task-, and resource-management skills.
- Demonstrate job-specific mathematics skills.
- Demonstrate customer-service skills.
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Technology Knowledge and Skills
Examining All Aspects of an Industry
- Examine aspects of planning within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of management within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of financial responsibility within an industry/organization.
- Examine technical and production skills required of workers within an industry/organization.
- Examine principles of technology that underlie an industry/organization.
- Examine labor issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine community issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine health, safety, and environmental issues related to an industry/organization.
Addressing Elements of Student Life
- Identify the purposes and goals of the student organization.
- Explain the benefits and responsibilities of membership in the student organization as a student and in professional/civic organizations as an adult.
- Demonstrate leadership skills through participation in student organization activities, such as meetings, programs, and projects.
- Identify Internet safety issues and procedures for complying with acceptable use standards.
Exploring Leadership Skills and FFA Membership
Training for Leadership in Agricultural Business
Developing Employability Skills
Making Consumer Choices
- Identify rights and responsibilities of customers.
- Identify methods of handling consumer complaints.
- Identify consumer-protection agencies.
- Identify components of a guarantee, a warranty, and a contract.
- Explain information found on product labels.
- Describe various types of insurance coverage.
- Identify banking services.
Managing Financial Records
Performing Computer Operations for Agriculture
Understanding Basic Economics
Planning the Agribusiness
Understanding Agricultural Business Structures and Procedures
- Describe entrepreneurship and its role in the agricultural industry.
- Compare the major types of agricultural business ownership.
- Describe employer obligations to employees.
- Examine principles of proper business etiquette.
- Identify employee incentives and fringe benefits.
- Identify methods of extending credit.
- Compute gross and net pay.
- Maintain a filing system using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Prepare customer account statements.
- Maintain a business checking account.
- Complete a mock business tax form.
- Write letters or e-mails to customers.
Conducting a Needs Assessment
Using Business Laws in Agricultural Business
Planning Production of the Product(s) or Service(s)
Marketing Agricultural Products or Services
Operating the Agricultural Business
- Explain production of an agricultural commodity or performance of an agricultural service.
- Implement marketing strategies.
- Maintain business records.
- Identify hazards that may cause fire, injury, or poisoning.
- Perform applicable workplace skills.
- Operate selected machinery and/or equipment.
- Develop a machinery/equipment maintenance plan.
- Interpret animal, plant, soil, and/or mechanical test results.
- Identify selected chemicals, medicines, and other hazardous materials.