Evaluate valves and accessories for defects.
DefinitionEvaluation should include
- removal of engine components (e.g., valve cover, gaskets, cylinder head) to access the valves
- examination for damage, foreign material, burrs, and/or wear.
- What are the parts of the valve?
- What are the valves exposed to during engine operation?
- What are some common causes that contribute to valves malfunctioning?
- What are the differences between the intake and exhaust valves?
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Service and repair AFNR mechanical equipment and power systems.