Describe the impact of technology in various fields of sports medicine.
DefinitionDescription should include the impact and implications of technology on various practices/techniques and in various fields of sports medicine. It should include a commentary on how technology has changed practices in sports medicine over time.
- What changes in technology have taken place in sports medicine over the past 20 years?
- How has technology influenced various sports medicine-related professions?
- How has technology impacted record-keeping practices?
- How has technology impacted evaluation (e.g., pre-exercise, injury, physical evaluation)?
- How has technology impacted diagnosis?
- How has technology impacted treatment/rehabilitation?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer
Chapter 20 Developing a Successful Personal Training Business
- Describe the qualities and characteristics of uncompromising customer service.
- Describe strategies for finding an ideal workplace.
- Understand the process for writing a resume.
- Understand the four Ps of marketing.
- Understand basic membership sales techniques, including strategies for solicitation of new sales and how to close sales.