Describe educational opportunities for advancement in various sports medicine professions.
DefinitionDescription should detail educational opportunities and continuing education requirements in various sports medicine professions.
See HOSA-Future Health Professionals.
See Workplace Readiness Skills for Virginia.
- What are the different types of educational degrees in sports medicine? What types of occupations and responsibilities are associated with each degree?
- What specialty certifications exist in various sports medicine professions?
- What educational pathways offer opportunities for career advancement?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Career Display
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer
Chapter 20 Developing a Successful Personal Training Business
- Describe the qualities and characteristics of uncompromising customer service.
- Describe strategies for finding an ideal workplace.
- Understand the process for writing a resume.
- Understand the four Ps of marketing.
- Understand basic membership sales techniques, including strategies for solicitation of new sales and how to close sales.