Explain the relationship between ethics and employment skills.
DefinitionExplanation should include a description of common employment skills required by typical employers associated with sports medicine facilities (e.g., time management, dependability, teamwork, attitude, problem solving) and the role ethics plays with each skill. Explanation should also include special ethical considerations common to various employment environments related to sports medicine (e.g., fitness centers, clinics, hospitals, physicians' offices, educational institutions, athletic teams).
- What role does workplace ethics play in time management? In dependability? In teamwork? In attitude? In problem solving?
- What special ethical considerations might arise in a fitness center? In a hospital? In an educational setting?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer
Chapter 20 Developing a Successful Personal Training Business
- Describe the qualities and characteristics of uncompromising customer service.
- Describe strategies for finding an ideal workplace.
- Understand the process for writing a resume.
- Understand the four Ps of marketing.
- Understand basic membership sales techniques, including strategies for solicitation of new sales and how to close sales.