CTE Resource Center - Verso - Sports Medicine II Task 1884257343
Demonstrate safe lifting and spotting techniques as it relates to strengthening.
Demonstration should include, but is not limited to
- free weights
- core stabilization
- Olympic lifting.
- What is core stabilization?
- What lifts are considered Olympic lifts?
- What implements can be utilized as free weights? (dumbbells, kettlebells, medicine balls)
- What are the specific steps/stages of each lift?
- How is appropriate spotting determined?
- How is appropriate lifting technique determined?
- What are key elements of safe and appropriate lifting techniques? Spotting techniques?
- What are the safety concerns when performing barbell exercises vs. dumbbell exercises?
- What are some common errors that could lead to injury while performing squats?
- What are proper breathing techniques for individuals to conduct while performing exercises?
- How is using full range of motion beneficial from a safety perspective?
Other Related Standards
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer
Chapter 11 Plyometric (Reactive) Training Concepts
- Define plyometric (reactive) training and describe its uses.
- Discuss the importance of plyometric training.
- Design a plyometric training program for clients at various levels of fitness.
- Perform and instruct various plyometric training exercises.
Chapter 10 Balance Training Concepts
- Define balance and describe its role in performance and injury risk.
- Discuss the importance of balance training.
- Design a progressive balance training program for clients in any level of training.
- Understand and incorporate the principles of selected research outcomes when designing a balance training program.
- Perform, describe, and instruct various balance training exercises.
Chapter 9 Core Training Concepts
- Understand the importance of the core musculature.
- Differentiate between the stabilization system and the movement system.
- Discuss the importance of core training.
- Design a core training program for clients at any level of training.
- Perform, describe, and instruct various core training exercises.