Practice interviewing skills.
Practice should include role-play opportunities in a classroom environment with a review of typical questions commonly included in an interview consistent with specific sports, fitness, and medical-related jobs.
- Prior to the interview, why is it useful to research the organization where one is applying to work?
- What types of information about the organization should the job candidate look for?
- What sources can be useful in this research?
- What are common questions to expect in an interview for a sports, fitness, and medical-related job?
- What role does nonverbal communication play in a job interview?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will make planned persuasive/argumentative, multimodal, interactive presentations collaboratively and individually.
- Select and effectively use multimodal tools to design and develop presentation content.
- Credit information sources.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams.
- Anticipate and address alternative or opposing perspectives and counterclaims.
- Evaluate the various techniques used to construct arguments in multimodal presentations.
- Use a variety of strategies to listen actively and speak using appropriate discussion rules with awareness of verbal and nonverbal cues.
- Critique effectiveness of multimodal presentations.
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer
Chapter 20 Developing a Successful Personal Training Business
- Describe the qualities and characteristics of uncompromising customer service.
- Describe strategies for finding an ideal workplace.
- Understand the process for writing a resume.
- Understand the four Ps of marketing.
- Understand basic membership sales techniques, including strategies for solicitation of new sales and how to close sales.